Return to the
High-Speed Craft Adaptive Autopilot
The LMP HSC is the first type approved autopilot designed for application worldwide on all types of vessels, e.g. displacement ships, hydroplanes, high-speed monohulls, catamarans, etc. The LMP HSC can be interfaced to any type of rudder and also water jet control. Created with the most modern computer programs to provide the highest fuel economy and low operational demands, this autopilot provides the operator with perfect control for all types of vessel including high-speed craft. It also exceeds the demands of IMO Resolution A.822(19) High-Speed Craft (HSC Code).
The very modern design of the control unit includes a tailor-made and clearly laid out transflective liquid crystal display, which permanently indicates all information required by contemporary navigation demands:
- Current heading
- Set heading (course to steer)
- Rudder angle (analogue ± 35°)
- Steering mode (AUTO/MAN/NAV)
- Parameters for:
- rudder limit
- rate (°/min.) or radius
- speed (knots)
- load (%)
- off course alarm
- magnetic variation
Changes in parameters and heading settings are carried out by a single analogue cardinal control disk.
- Gyrocompass heading interfaces: RS 422, 6 steps/°, synchro 1:360
- Magnetic compass interfaces: NMEA 0183, sine and cosine.
- Speed interface: NMEA 0183 or 200 pulses per nautical mile.
- Analogue output for rudder, water jets, azimuth thrusters and bow thruster control.
- Nav. interface with 9 unidirectional and 7 bidirectional protocols.
- A maximum of 20 remote Control and Display units possible.
- Direct selection of the operator setup procedure.
- Service setup protected by coded access.
- Operational data remain stored during power failure.
- Clear error indication and identification.
- Exceeds IMO Resolution A.822(19) High-Speed Craft (HSC Code).
- Rate and radius steering modes.
- Clearly arranged Liquid Crystal Display (LCD).
- Logical arrangement of sealed foil keyboard and ergonomic, user- friendly operation.
- Display and controls illuminated by electroluminescent foil.
- Analogue selection of set heading and all other major parameters by means of an ergonomically designed cardinal control disk safe- guarded against unintentional operation.
- Digital nonlinear PID controller with nonliear weather control.
- Automatic adaptive counter rudder control (no manual settings required)
- Type approved, also to the High-Speed Craft Code, in accordance with the EC Council Directive 96/98/EC. The LMP HSC / GM and the LMP HSC / G-TMC have also been type approved to EC Council Directive 96/98/EC as transmitting magnetic compass systems (TMC).